New iPad with
-Quadcore A5X processor and
-5 Megapixel camera with 1080P video recording with stabilization.
-4G LTE wireless
– Battery life on iPad 2 was 10 hours, 9 hours on 3G.
– New iPad has 10 hours of battery life, with 9 hours on 4G.
– 9.4mm thin, weights 1.4 lbs. iPad 2 was 1.33 lbs. and 8.8mm thick.
– $499 for 16GB model. $599 for 32GB, $699 for 64GB. Same pricing as iPad 2.
– 4G is $629/$729/$829.
– All the stock apps have been updated and optimized for the new display.
– Existing apps will be scaled up and text automatically rendered for higher-resolution display.
Available March 16th.
New versions of Pages, Keynote, Numbers updated for Retina Display. Free update if already purchased, same $9.99 price otherwise.
– Updated GarageBand. Smart Strings, Note editor, iCloud integration. Garage Band also permits multiple musicians to create music via Wi-fi or Bluetooth
Updated iLife includes an updated version of iMovie with the ability to do trailers. And a new iPhoto app to edit photos. New gestures, new effects, multi-touch editing, and you can beam photos directly between devices.
Same photo library, new browsing, new ways to edit with multi-touch, professional-quality effects, brushes, and Photo Beaming let’s users move photos between devices.
– Randy Ubillos, Chief Architect for Photo and Video Applications on stage.
– By double-tapping a photo, iPhoto finds all pictures that look similar. Swipe down to remove them, double-tap to go full-screen.
– App supports up to 19 megapixel photos.
– Share photos through email, Flickr, Twitter and more.
– Built-in horizon finding tool. Locates horizon and rotates image as appropriate.
– All non-destructive editing.
– New “Journal” feature, allows users to highlight photos with captions, like a scrapbook. Add notes and text, calendars, geo-tags, weather, and more.
– Very easy sharing, publish to iCloud, viewable in any browser.
iPad 2 Price drops by $100, $399 for a 16GB WiFi model.